Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
Yield: 4 servings, 1 1/2 cups each
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
This delightful recipe pairs peppery arugula with both sweet and savory ingredients for a crisp and crunchy salad that has a myriad of flavors in every bite.
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 4 cups baby arugula or torn arugula leaves
- 2 cups sliced strawberries (about 10 ounces)
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, shaved and crumbled into small pieces (1/2 cup)
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Toast walnuts in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until lightly browned and aromatic, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a salad bowl; let cool for 5 minutes.
- Add arugula, strawberries, Parmesan, pepper and salt. Sprinkle vinegar and oil over the salad; toss gently and serve at once.
- To substitute for aged balsamic vinegar, bring 1/2 cup regular balsamic vinegar to a boil over high heat in a small skillet. Cook until the vinegar begins to thicken and become syrupy, 2 to 3 minutes.
202 Calories, Total Fat: 16 g, Saturated Fat: 3 g, Cholesterol: 7 mg, Carbohydrates: 10 g, Fiber: 3 g, Added Sugars: 0 g, Protein: 7 g, Sodium: 251 mg, Potassium: 262 mg, Folate: 52 mcg, Calcium: 186 mg
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.