Friday fish fry, anyone? Try this healthier take on an old favorite to kick off your next weekend.
- Olive oil spray
- 1 lb. white fish filets, such as tilapia or Dover sole
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, preferably whole grain
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or a silicone baking mat. Place a metal rack on top of the sheet.
- In a large bowl, stir together cornmeal, breadcrumbs, and all spices. Dip a filet in crumb mixture. Then dip in egg wash. Then dip in crumb mixture again. Spray with olive oil spray, then place on rack. Repeat with all filets.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
Nutrition Information: Serves six; serving size is one large filet or two small filets. Each serving provides: 176 calories, 4 g total fat (1 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat), 108 mg cholesterol, 327 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 1 g sugar, 20 g protein.