Serving Size: Serving Size not available for this recipe
Yield: 1 loaf, for 12 servings
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 1/2 hours
Banana bread is the perfect vehicle for using bananas once they are past their prime.
- ⅔ cup packed brown sugar
- ⅓ cup hot, strong brewed coffee
- 1½ cups mashed overripe bananas (about 4)
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly oil a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan.
- Dissolve brown sugar in coffee in a bowl. Stir in bananas. Whisk together egg, egg white, oil and vanilla in a large bowl. Add the banana mixture. Whisk together flours, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, salt and baking soda in a separate bowl. Add to the banana mixture and stir just until combined.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 40 to 50 minutes. Let cool in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes. Invert the loaf onto a rack and let cool completely.
182 Calories, Total Fat: 4 g, Saturated Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 18 mg, Carbohydrates: 34 g, Fiber: 2 g, Protein: 4 g, Sodium: 207 mg, Potassium: 185 mg, Folate: 12 mcg, Calcium: 34 mg
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.