Yields: 16 servings
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Drain and rinse black beans.
- In a blender, add beans, eggs, oil and vanilla. Blend until smooth. Add sugar and cocoa, and blend again.
- Pour batter into the baking pan. Bake until a knife inserted in the center of the brownies comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup chopped nuts after blending for an added crunch to your brownies!
Recipe adapted from CookingMatters.org.