- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, drained (or 10 oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies)
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup corn, canned or frozen and thawed
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Stir together all ingredients above in a medium bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Enjoy as a healthy snack with tortilla chips!
- Use as a filling for black bean quesadillas, mix with cooked rice for a colorful side dish, use as a salad topping, or top baked fish or chicken with the salsa for added flavor!
- Choose canned beans as a healthy protein source. If reduced or low-sodium options are not available, rinse the beans before eating to get rid of added salt.
Recipe from the ProMedica Food Clinic. Learn more about the food clinic and how ProMedica is addressing food insecurity on ProMedica’s website.