Serving Size: 1 stuffed sweet potato
Yield: 4 servings
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
For a satisfying last-minute supper, it’s hard to beat a sweet potato zapped in the microwave. The fragrant filling of beans and tomatoes adds protein. Be sure to eat the skin, which is full of fiber, as well.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup reduced-fat sour cream
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Prick sweet potatoes with a fork in several places. Microwave on High until tender all the way to the center, 12 to 15 minutes. (Alternatively, place in a baking dish and bake at 425 degrees F until tender all the way to the center, about 1 hour.)
- Meanwhile, in a medium microwaveable bowl, combine beans, tomatoes, oil, cumin, coriander and salt; microwave on High until just heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. (Alternatively, heat in a small saucepan over medium heat.)
- When just cool enough to handle, slash each sweet potato lengthwise, press open to make a well in the center and spoon the bean mixture into the well. Top each with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of cilantro.
253 Calories, Total Fat: 6 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Cholesterol: 6 mg, Carbohydrates: 43 g, Fiber: 10 g, Added Sugars: 0 g, Protein: 8 g, Sodium: 596 mg, Potassium: 880 mg, Folate: 65 mcg, Calcium: 82 mg
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.