This delicious comfort food comes together easily over the stove.
- 2 2/3 cups rigatoni pasta (or other tube-shaped pasta)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed and minced
- 3 cups white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, shredded
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/4 shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta, drain and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the salt and 1/8 teaspoon of the black pepper on chicken, then cook for 5 minutes or until center of chicken is no longer pink. Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm.
- Add remainder of the oil to skillet with garlic, mushrooms, and onions. Stir-fry until onions are just tender.
- Pour in broth and wine, then bring to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered until liquid is reduced to about half, stirring occasionally (about 4 to 10 minutes).
- Remove skillet from heat. Add the pasta, chicken, tomatoes, basil, and oregano; toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition info: Makes 6 servings. Per serving: About 294 calories, 7g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 36mg cholesterol, 225mg sodium, 33g total carbohydrate, 2g dietary fiber, 0g sugars, 22g protein