Serving Size: 1 tablespoon
Yield: about 1 1/3 cups
Active Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Easy to make, this intensely flavored blueberry sauce is delicious at home on a stack of pancakes or a scoop of vanilla frozen yogurt.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen (not thawed) blueberries
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Stir blueberries, honey, lemon zest and juice in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to maintain a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 15 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes; serve warm.
Make Ahead Tips:
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 1 month.
21 Calories, Total Fat: 0 g, Saturated Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Carbohydrates: 5 g, Fiber: 0 g, Added Sugars: 3 g, Protein: 0 g, Sodium: 0 mg, Potassium: 15 mg, Folate: 1 mcg, Calcium: 1 mg
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.