These homemade granola bars deliver on chewiness and indulgence. The trick is to use the highest-quality dark chocolate you can find (the darker stuff is better for you, too).
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup fat-free yogurt (plain or vanilla)
- 1/2 cup artificial sweetener brown sugar blend
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free quick oats
- 2 tablespoons milled flaxseed
- 1/4 cup dark/bittersweet chocolate chips or dark/bittersweet baking bar broken into small chunks
- Cooking spray
Whisk egg with yogurt and brown sugar. Blend in oats and flaxseed. Add chocolate chips. Spread mixture in an 8-inch square pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Cut into bars.
Makes 12 bars. Nutrition, per bar: 125 calories, 4g protein, 3g fat, 18mg cholesterol, 20g carbohydrates, 2g fiber and 12mg sodium
Find more healthy recipes in our Recipe section.