Serving Size: 8 chips
Yield: 8 servings, 8 chips each
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
You can make your own tasty pita chips in a matter of minutes. Just cut pita bread into wedges (stale pitas work very well), brush them with a little olive oil and bake. Enjoy with spinach dip or hummus.
- 4 6-inch whole-wheat pitas
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Position oven racks in middle and lower third of oven; preheat to 350°F. Coat 2 large baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut pitas into 8 wedges each and separate each wedge at the fold. Place the pita wedges, rough-side up, in an even layer on the prepared baking sheets. Brush with oil and sprinkle with Italian seasoning, garlic powder and salt.
- Bake the pita wedges, switching the baking sheets halfway through, until golden and crispy, 6 to 10 minutes (depending on the thickness).
Make Ahead Tips:
- Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
117 Calories, Total Fat: 4 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Carbohydrates: 18 g, Fiber: 2 g, Total Sugars: 0 g, Added Sugars: 0 g, Protein: 3 g, Sodium: 243 mg, Potassium: 61 mg, Folate: 11 mcg, Calcium: 5 mg
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.