This creamy rice pudding is a cinch to make and a lovely way to enjoy a sweet treat. While many rice pudding recipes feature cinnamon and raisins, this version uses crystallized ginger and orange slices for a sweet, yet tangy twist.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 1/2 cups 1% milk
- 1 cup artificial sweetener
- 1 cup crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 1 cup whipped cream
- Orange slices (optional)
- Bring water and rice to a boil in a small saucepan. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for about 30 minutes.
- Add 1 cup milk and continue cooking for 15 minutes. Rice will continue to absorb milk, but there should be some liquid. Add more milk if necessary.
- Serve warm with a dollop of gingered whip cream or refrigerate and serve cold. Garnish with thin orange slices, if you like.
Serves 6. Per serving: About 156 calories, 4.5 g protein, 1.5 g fat, 3 mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber, and 31 mg sodium