Serving Size: Serving Size not available for this recipe
Yield: 4 servings
Active Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Cook chicken tenders quickly on the grill and top with pesto made with cilantro and sesame seeds for a zesty, speedy dinner. Serve with: Quinoa and grilled asparagus.
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves (1-2 bunches)
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Whisk lime juice, soy sauce, oil and chili powder in a large bowl. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the marinade in a small bowl. Add chicken to the remaining marinade; toss to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes or up to 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Meanwhile, place cilantro, scallions, sesame seeds and the reserved marinade in a food processor and process until fairly smooth.
- Oil the grill rack. Remove the chicken from the marinade (discard marinade) and grill until cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, about 2 minutes per side. Serve the chicken with the cilantro-sesame pesto.
- Sesame seeds can be purchased already toasted. If you can’t find them, toast your own in a small dry skillet over low heat, stirring constantly, until golden and fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- People with celiac disease or gluten-sensitivity should use soy sauces that are labeled “gluten-free,” as soy sauce may contain wheat or other gluten-containing sweeteners and flavors.
- Oiling a grill rack before you grill foods helps ensure that the food won’t stick. Oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack. (Do not use cooking spray on a hot grill.) When grilling delicate foods like tofu and fish, it is helpful to spray the food with cooking spray.
168 Calories, Total Fat: 6 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 63 mg, Carbohydrates: 3 g, Fiber: 1 g, Total Sugars: 0 g, Added Sugars: 0 g, Protein: 24 g, Sodium: 299 mg, Potassium: 294 mg, Folate: 18 mcg, Calcium: 30 mg
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.