Get the grill ready for this flavorful chicken recipe! Let the chicken marinade for a quick half hour or for a few hours while you’re away for a fresh lemon sage flavor. Then cook on the grill for an entrée that’s ready in less than 10 minutes!
Download and print the recipe or view below.
Grilled Lemon Sage Chicken
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 4oz each)
- 6 lemon slices, cut in half (optional)
- Fresh sage leaves (optional)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried, crushed
- 2 or 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- cracked 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the marinade ingredients.
- Discard all the visible fat from the chicken. Put the chicken with the smooth side up between two sheets of plastic wrap. Using a tortilla press, the smooth side of a meat mallet or a rolling pin, lightly flatten the chicken to a thickness of ¼ inch, being careful not to tear the meat.
- Add to the marinade. Seal the bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to eight hours, turning occasionally. Discard the marinade.
- Preheat the grill on medium-high.
- Grill the chicken for 6 to 7 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink in the center.
- To serve, garnish with the lemon slices and sage leaves.
Nutrition Info: Makes 6 servings. Per serving: 125 calories, 1.5g total fat, 66mg cholesterol, 268mg sodium, 0g carbohydrates, 0g fiber, 0g sugar, 26g protein