Fire up that grill for this delicious steak salad recipe! This lighter option is a perfect summer meal that allows you to enjoy the taste of the grill with plenty of greens and veggies. Top it with your favorite salad dressing (click here for easy dressing recipes) or the Herbed Horseradish Cream Sauce recipe below.
- 1 pound New York strip steak, about 1 inch thick
- 6 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 2/3 cup slivered grape tomatoes
- 2 ribs celery, sliced
- 2 cups steamed and chilled broccoli florets
Herbed horseradish cream sauce:
- 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon parsley, cilantro, or other fresh herb
- Heat grill to high. Rub a New York strip steak with crushed black pepper. Grill steak to desired doneness (with internal temperature should be 145º-160ºF). Let steak rest before slicing.
- Arrange vegetables on four dinner plates. Spray lightly with olive oil and vinegar or use a light bottled vinaigrette dressing. Slice steak on a diagonal, trimming any fat. Divide equally among salad plates.
- Mix all ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl and drizzle over steak.
Find more meal inspiration on our Recipes page!