Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
Yield: 6 servings, 1 1/2 cups each
Active Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
If you can’t find a bagged vegetable medley for this easy noodle bowl, choose 12 ounces of cut vegetables from your market’s salad bar and create your own mix.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup smooth natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1½ teaspoons chile-garlic sauce, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 8 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1 12-ounce bag fresh vegetable medley, such as carrots, broccoli, snow peas
- Put a large pot of water on to boil for cooking pasta.
- Meanwhile, place chicken in a skillet or saucepan and add enough water to cover; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer gently until cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board. When cool enough to handle, shred into bite-size strips.
- Whisk peanut butter, soy sauce, garlic, chile-garlic sauce and ginger in a large bowl.
- Cook pasta in the boiling water until not quite tender, about 1 minute less than specified in the package directions. Add vegetables and cook until the pasta and vegetables are just tender, 1 minute more. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid. Rinse the pasta and vegetables with cool water to refresh. Stir the reserved cooking liquid into the peanut sauce; add the pasta, vegetables and chicken; toss well to coat. Serve warm or chilled.
Make Ahead Tips:
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days. To serve, stir in 2 tablespoons warm water per portion; serve cold or reheat in microwave.
- Chile-garlic sauce (also labeled chili-garlic sauce, or paste) is a blend of ground chiles, garlic and vinegar. It will keep for up to 1 year in the refrigerator.
371 Calories, Total Fat: 13 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Cholesterol: 42 mg, Carbohydrates: 38 g, Fiber: 8 g, Total Sugars: 4 g, Added Sugars: 0 g, Protein: 27 g, Sodium: 369 mg, Potassium: 378 mg, Folate: 47 mcg, Calcium: 47 mg
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.