Pumpkin takes a spotlight in the Fall, and for good reason. Not only is it abundant this time of year, it is a great source of vitamin A, fiber, beta-carotene, vitamin C, and potassium. These mini Pumpkin Cranberry Mini Loaves are perfect to pass out in celebration of the season, or just for portion control (there are 4 servings to each loaf).
- 1 29-ounce can pure pumpkin (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs or 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray 6 mini loaf pans (about 6 inches long) with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, use a whisk to combine pumpkin, sugar, eggs, and vegetable oil.
- Add dry ingredients, stirring until everything is combined. Stir in nuts and cranberries.
- Bake at 325°F for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
Recipe Tip: This is a very moist quick bread. Cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove to rack and let cool completely before wrapping.
Nutrition Info: 4 servings per mini loaf. Per serving: 165 calories, 2g protein, 6g fat, 27mg cholesterol, 24g carbohydrates, 2g fiber, and 130mg sodium