Yield: 4 servings, 1 cup each
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
The time-honored Italian pairing of canned tuna and cannellini beans makes a super-simple, satisfying lunch. Serve over salad greens, on grilled whole-wheat country bread or tucked in a whole-wheat pita pocket.
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 19-ounce can cannellini (white kidney) beans, rinsed
- 1 6-ounce can chunk light tuna in water, drained and flaked
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Whisk lemon juice, oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add beans, tuna, onion, parsley and basil; toss to coat well.
Make Ahead Tips:
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
236 Calories, Total Fat: 7 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 13 mg, Carbohydrates: 23 g, Fiber: 7 g, Added Sugars: 0 g, Protein: 19 g, Sodium: 571 mg, Potassium: 154 mg, Folate: 11 mcg, Calcium: 79 mg
Carbohydrate Servings: 1