Serving Size: 2 cups
Yield: 2 servings, 2 cups each
Active Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Classic comfort food is yours, in just slightly more than half an hour. Serve with some crusty whole-grain bread and top with grated Romano or Parmesan cheese.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces chicken tenders, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 small zucchini, finely diced
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning blend
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 14-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons orzo or other tiny pasta, such as farfelline
- 1½ cups packed baby spinach
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add zucchini, shallot, Italian seasoning and salt and cook, stirring often, until the vegetables are slightly softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, broth, wine and orzo (or other tiny pasta); increase heat to high and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until the pasta is tender, about 8 minutes, or according to package directions. Stir in spinach, the cooked chicken and any accumulated juices from the chicken; cook, stirring, until the chicken is heated through, about 2 minutes.
Make Ahead Tips:
- Cover and refrigerate up to 3 days or freeze up to 3 months.
250 Calories, Total Fat: 8 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 68 mg, Carbohydrates: 10 g, Fiber: 2 g, Total Sugars: 4 g, Added Sugars: 0 g, Protein: 31 g, Sodium: 699 mg, Potassium: 651 mg, Folate: 93 mcg, Calcium: 47 mg
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.