Step up your snack game with this healthier party mix, using whole-grain cereals, olive oil instead of butter or margarine and soy nuts or wasabi peas in place of mixed nuts.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 to 4 tablespoons salt-free garlic and herb seasoning
- 5 cups whole-grain waffle-style cereal
- 2 cups whole-grain “O” cereal
- 1 cup unsalted, dry roasted soy nuts
- 1 cup mini-pretzels (whole wheat is best)
Heat oven to 250°F. Pour olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, and seasoning into a 9-by-13-inch pan. Mix well. Add remaining ingredients and stir until cereal, nuts and pretzels are coated. Bake for an hour, stirring about every 15 minutes. Let cool and store in an airtight container.
Serves 20. Each 1/2-cup serving contains about 150 calories, 4g protein, 6g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 22g carbohydrates, 3g fiber and 160mg sodium